Re: People who live in the US, what schools for the blind are the best?

The best school for the blind in the US is that public school (inclusive) which has good support for the blind. Otherwise, it's not worth it going anywhere where it's written special school for the blind.
I went through this road mate, and can tell you with unbowed confidence that any inclusive public school will give you more than the best special institution for the blind in the world. Having gone to a special school myself, and counting now the ninth year since I left that place, which is equal to the number of years I spent at that school, I feel the marks it has left in my personality are still not fully undone. In any form and circumstance I fail, I attribute it only to that bloody school which should be pulled down for the sake of the new generation.
Make a favour to your community and to the society around you, go to a public school. Not only will you raise the awareness of your classmates about blindness and blind people, but you will also open yourself doors that you thought were impossible. In the end your social skills will be almost identical to those of your classmates.