Re: Alternative to Forge for Magic: the Gathering

dan_c: You can go with the Auto button, that taps mana for you, but when you play with two or more colors it is oftenly useful to tap it yourself to be sure that you'll be using the sources you want to. If you have, for example, Forest, Forest, and Stomping Ground (a green/red land), and you have two cards in hand, one costing {1}{G} and the other costing {R}, you will want to use the Forests for the first, and leave the Stomping Grounds to generate the R. Most times, however, you can just hit Auto and go ahead.

zenothrax: Pauper and Commander can be much cheaper, of course, but Arena is one of the most honest free to play games I've ever played. My wife is sighted and she plays there and interacts with the screen for me so I can play too (currently I'm on ranking Platinum 3 this season). To build some competitive decks you will spend some money or a lot of time, sure, but to build your first strong, competitive deck it takes around one month of play and perhaps five dollars to buy the very valuable Welcome Bundle. To dive into competitions you will surely need to spend a lot of cash, but to play and have a lot of fun you just need the time to do it. And accessibility, of course, it would be just amazing to play Arena on my own. Until then, Forge is serving me alright.

By the way, you can all go to the Wizards of the Coast's Magic the Gathering website, click on contact and send a request for screen reader accessibility on Arena. It begins with requests.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : vcaparica via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : vcaparica via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : caio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : vcaparica via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector