Re: bgt: string to dictionary?

So for a little bit more of a helpful and detailed response than in post 3, there's code floating around to do this. I wrote something to do it, for example. I think Scrolling Battles might have another algorithm which was either written by Mason or Sam, and it's probably duplicated across some other of Mason's games. So it is possible, and as others have said much easier if you don't need the string to be (easily) digestible by humans. I agree the question isn't silly, but I don't care to hunt down code that does it. Any code that you do find though will be primarily used to deal with configuration files. So in Scrolling Battles, I think you'd look in the sections for loading custom characters or whatever.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector