Re: audio experiment - how do you perceive this?

This is a cool experiment! I would love it if you could post more of them.
Spoilers for anyone who hasn't done the test yet. If you haven't voted yet,
don't
read.

spoiler wrote:

Uh ... both? Neither? I don't know.
It sounds to me like the second instrument, whatever kind of drum this might be, is actually playing two tones. It starts on the higher octave, matching the piano in the second file, then dips down, matching the one in the first. It's a quick change, like the switches in Shepard's Tone, but I'm pretty sure it's there.
I voted for "can't tell" because I can't choose just one, but that's because I honestly think both fit just as well. Neither of them feels more "right".
Edit: I'm not trying to be annoying and ruin your experiment, BTW. Obviously I knew there would be a trick, but I had no interest in deconstructing it, or at least not before voting. This just immediately stood out to me.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Minionslayer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Minionslayer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Minionslayer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector