Re: preferred cane techniques?

I have several tips sitting in a bag somewhere in my bedroom, and out of all those tips I personally prefer the rolling one, especially for more cracked terrain or places where the cane can get stuck. I used to use a marshmellow tip (or also referred to as a stationary tip) but the issue with those tips is if there was like a crack in the sidewalk, for example, the tip obviously couldn't roll. So two things could happen.
1. The cane gives me a nice, hard jab in the groin.
2. I have to lift the cane off the crack and set it back down again and continue, which does slow progress, especially if there is more than one crack.
I also had a pencil tip, but I didn't really like tapping. I was always tought to sweep since day one, so it's become a 12-year habbit. The technique my instructors tought me is to sweep opposite of which foot you are stepping with. For example, if you are stepping forward with your right foot, sweep left. Left foot, sweep right. Right foot, sweep left. Left foot, sweep right. It was hard at first but then I just adapted.
But to conclude, I do prefer rolling tips, and sweeping is my main technique. I really only use the two-point-touch if there is a lot of snow, or I'm in tall grass.