Re: People who live in the US, what schools for the blind are the best?

It is important to remember that even though you may personally have the sort of whatever-it-is to avoid getting addicted to a product which is specifically designed for that purpose, or someone you know may have, that's not universal.  Some people can avoid addiction and get off something addictive easily, but it's not a matter of willpower to do it, and many people do become addicted easily and won't be able to break the habit.  I wouldn't be dismissive.  I knew someone who hadn't smoked in 10 years but still needed nicotine and whose partner got cancer from it.  When push came to shove and he got super stressed literally due to his partner possibly dying from it, out came the cigarettes anyway.  The changes from cigarettes and nicotine are to some extent almost permanent.  How many people get hooked easily and can't get back off?  I don't know, doing that study would be unethical as hell.  But it does happen, we let it happen, selling addictive poison is legal.