Issue with Tolk in C#

This year, I've decided to try learning C#, as a sort of middle ground between python and Java. (At least, that's what it looks like to me.)
I've been reading a lot of documentation and even purchased a book to help get me started.
I decided to try Tolk, to see if I could get the test app to compile, and I get this ugly error.

Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
   at DavyKager.Tolk.Tolk_Load()
   at ConsoleApp.Main()

I'm somewhat new to the DotNet ecosystem, and I understand a lot of the way libraries and such work is a lot like Java (except C# isn't a fracking hog).