Re: Sting: An audio detective game

okay given this a try.
Actually, in this instance I don't mind the main character being blind, since the game actually makes him a "character", who is blind, I.e., a police consultant with a distinct set of skills, not just generic blind protagonist who uses their amazing blindness to blindly succeed by the power of their awesome blindosity!
Or to put it another way, there is at least something else to the protagonist than the fact that he is (as Slj put it), blind, blind, blind, blind, blind, blind, blind, blind, blind, blind, and maybe just a  little bit a bit blind as well big_smile.

I also like the idea of the gameplay, getting 6 bugs and having to switch places. The game is unforgiving, but then again, that's sort of the point, since this is very much a one shot test, and doping out all the little twists of who is who and why is part of the point, indeed even though I did get one of the questions right first time and thus know the answer, I intend to have a few more goes through this just to get the ins and outs of the scene and catch all the wheeling and dealing, since I think I utterly missed one of the crooks.
Indeed, if I have one miner criticism, it's that following the narrative is a little hard when there are several stories going on at once, but then again, that is the point, indeed ideally it might be nice to have several questions which by definition could not all be answered on one playthru since the information needed to answer them would need to be got by listening to different bugs.

yes, it might be cool if there were more questions, more stages or a little more, but hay I appreciate what is put together here, and maybe the devs will work on this formula for the future, indeed, i'll give them points just for trying something quite new.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : amir tajik via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Joust via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Joust via Audiogames-reflector