Re: Console opinion

@1
I'd highly recommend the Series S for speed and general loading times over anything older on the Xbox side of things. As for playing said titles on PC, I wouldn't recommend it as OCR can be a real pain to get working in my experience.

@3
I personally steer away from recommending people to look into the Switch, as Nintendo have arguably done nothing to encourage gamers without sight to justify the price point. If they suddenly turn round and start making fully accessible titles, or adding a screen reader of any kind into the firmware then maybe I'll reconsider.

@6
Whether people did get on fine without a screen reader on consoles, I'd say, is only partially relevant as you can now play a large amount of the games on newer platforms with greater accessibility.  Yes there might still be people wanting to use those platforms in the future to play the minority of titles that aren't available on newer systems, but again that will be a smaller amount of individuals not just because of the lack of accessibility, but also the lack of new units of hardware being produced for those consoles.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mmaslo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mmaslo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Katsu via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector