Re: can't install linux

in normal ubuntu, there is the super+m key that shows the notifications list. Unlike mate, you can act upon them, that side of it is accessible. What is not that accessible is the desktop, actually, it's not accessible at all, it's like that install as superuser thing @1 mentioned. Orca keys don't work, you have to use only system shortcuts to open an app, like terminal or the dash to search for things and then open an app, doesn't  matter which. Then, everything will work, with the unplesent side effect that desktop icons will not be available. Well, not much of a loss, since there's almost nothing there by default.
About the installing more voices thing, I honestly DK how to do it, usually one just clicks through the setup like on windows, with the desktop ocr package configured properly. But most of the time, however, the setup will refuse to complete because of some .net component that's, obviously, not installed on wine. Whenever I try to install it, I get errors and so on... in a neverending cycle. For example, I got failed to get random numbers to initialise python when running a software written in python, but with windows specific modules like pywin32 and packaged in an exe with pyinstaller perhaps.