Re: Web development?

I can't wait for you to post libaudioverse up on the forum! LOL *refreshes the forum every 10 seconds*
So basically a graph is a list of linked data structures that are connected by something. Basically like a chain or maze.
I'm sure my first uses of libaudioverse will have enough comments to constitute a small tutorial lol (I tend to program in the summer and breaks and do nothing in between, so I end up forgetting everything and need to remember what I was doing when I stopped LOL).

I'll let you know what these higher level packages are like.

How hard would it be to create an engine that is wysiwyg? Also, what was that older engine programmed in? I think what turns people off of languages like BGT or scripting languages like that is the fact you can't do anything but make audio games with that knowledge.
Also, like you say, people who have the knowledge to create these awesome engines often have a hard time expressing th eir concepts to non programmers in a basic way. That is why python has kind of become popular as a way to make audio games for newbies. Learn python the hard way is a super awesome tutorial that is written for non programmers and gets people to a place to where when they see
from libaudioverse import sound

class S(sound):
    def __init__(self, right=5, left=5, sound_file=None):
        sound.__init__()
        self.right = right
        self.left = left
        self.sound_file = sound_file

they don't freak.
My brother uses an engine that uses python as the base language and the tutorial kind of expects that people have gone through something like learn python the hard way before reading it.

Although, I'm sure one could make an awesome engine that is a little technical, then make another version that is really restrictiv e for really newbie people.
Because I find that a lot of my time is spent creaBbting modules that cycle through lists and whatnot in different ways.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector