Re: Need help about texting on iphone

Hi,

Dictation works really well on an iPhone, although I do have a wireless keyboard at home and if texting or sending messages via SKIPE or messenger  whilst at home from my iPhone I’ll tend to use the wireless keyboard. if I’m out and therefore not with my wireless  keyboard and I need to send a big text or message I’ll just use dictation , even with really long messages it will get it almost word perfect each time.  There are two methods for accessing dictation, the one already mentioned here is to tap the dictate button to the left of the on screen keyboard, but what I find a quicker technique is when focus is in an edit  field  (where the typed text appears), if you just do a two finger double tap it automatically starts dictation, do the same when finished dictating. This works in any edit field, including third party apps too. oh and also I find Siri works really well, it can be used for opening apps, controlling some apps too (I have a YouTube music subscription and I can just ask Siri to start playing a specific artist, playlist , song etc, which is a lot faster than searching the app using voiceover), lots of other really useful stuff Siri can do too. Hope this helps

Paul Lemm

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MatthewSmithYT via Audiogames-reflector