Re: questions before installing NVDA

NVDA comes out of the box pretty boring... That's why there's AddOns though.
No, in my experience there's not a huge learning curv for NVDA, but there's a few places it's different than JAWS.
NVDA, you'll notice, reads the screen a bit differently than JAWS does... I haven't found out yet whether it's for the worst or for the better, but it really depends on what you prefer. You'll also notice that a few more things are accessible using NVDA than JAWS because of this different way of screen reading.

You can use
https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html
for help finding AddOns you would like to use.

To answer your first question... No, I have JAWS and NVDA installed on the same computer. If they're both running at the same time it can cause problems but as long as there's only one running at the same time you should be OK.
I'd disable JAWS just after clicking enter on the exe file, and just after it gives you the user account control dialogue. Press alt y as usual on that dialogue and whenever it throws you onto the installer app screen you can disable jaws there.

Hope this helps,
Matthew

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MatthewSmithYT via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Warcat via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bhanuponguru via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MatthewSmithYT via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Minionslayer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector