Re: Java IDE Accessibility

Hi, I agree, the synthisizer should not have any affect on accessibility. I actually suspect the increase in accessibility was from something else I did at the same time. The copy of NVDA I downloaded initially from my company's internal software repo just did not behave right, I ended up generating a portable copy from that installation, which seemed to fix my problems, and allowed me to install other synthesizers, where as before I could not.

Anyways, The add on I posted above is correct. NVDA does seem to work pretty well out of the box, the add on above makes things a bit easier when navigating code though. For example, when alt up or down arrow is pressed to navigate by method, the current line is read out. There are a couple of other enhancements that make the experience a bit better. Honestly though, I still find eclipse to be easier to use, although it is not as bad as I initially thought. Not sure about the debugger, have not gotten that far yet.

To enable the java access bridge, you have to go into your c drive, so you could do
windows r, to pull up the run dialog, and type c:, which should open file explorer in your c drive
Then arrow around in there to find program files or program files x86. You will almost certainly have both folders, I expect that you installed the 64 bit version of java, so check in program files first, there should be a folder in there called java, in there should be jdk. the jdk folder will have some version after it.
Inside the jdk folder, you should have a bin folder. Once inside the bin folder, do alt d to get to the address bar for file explorer and type in cmd to open the command prompt in that location.
Now in the command prompt run the command
jabswitch.exe -enable
which should return with something like "java access bridge enabled"

I do not understand why this is just not enabled by default. Better yet, why it is not just baked in, and make it so that you can not turn it on or off.
Anyways, I think there is actually a way to do this also through the control panel, I just have never done it that way.

Timothy Breitenfeldt

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : TJ . Breitenfeldt via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : thggamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : TJ . Breitenfeldt via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : TJ . Breitenfeldt via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector