Re: Fantasy book recommendations

Virtually anything by Joe Abercrombie will fit what you're asking for. But for my money's worth, try Best Served Cold.

Some others though:

Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel series. I haven't read anywhere near all these books, but this one is tough for some people because a good deal of the violence is of the BDSM persuasion.

Sandman Slim is Richard Kadrey; can confirm, it's gory. Fast, vicious and pulls few punches.

R.S. Belcher's Brotherhood of the Wheel and Nightwise are slightly less gory, but they're plenty dark, and some of the violence is nasty.
The Axe and the Throne is pretty brutal as well. This one is by M.D. Ireman.

Apparently Peter V. Brett's Demon Cycle gets pretty ugly in places as well. I only ever read the first book, which has moments but doesn't go crazy on the violence.

Alex Marshall's Crimson Empire series is also pretty grimdark. As, I believe, is Richard Morgan's Steel Remains series. That latter, though, don't take my word on it entirely, as again, I've only read the first book.