Re: First person spatial audio - Constraints vs freedom

Surprised no one has mentioned Code Dungeon yet.

https://stealcase.itch.io/codedungeon

Anyhow, agreed with most of what has been said here. Let your gameplay, not your views on audio navigation, dictate how traversing your world works. The next commercial game I'm working on will be top-down not because of simplicity, but because it's a roguelike-ish thing. But The Last Of Us 2 shows that even complex navigation is at least possible, though I do wish it exposed even more than it does, and think it's a great first effort rather than an ultimate end goal. I'm also mentally prototyping 3-D spaceflight in audio, though I haven't yet knocked together a sandbox to see how practical the ideas actually are.