Re: grave of redemption: concept demo

Here are my thoughts upon limited playtime.

I loved the installer. I thought it was cool that the user had the choice to open the storyline, instructions, and play mode right there. I also like the speech delay idea. I found while using sapi that gameplay seemed much more up to my speed.
The sound effects are nice, good dramatic music, brighter, more smooth feel than Entombed
..
But if I wanted to play Entombed, I'd fire up the game I paid for and play it. I'm not trying to rain on your parade here, but it's many of the same-sounding sounds, same human/mage/fighter deal, same villens. I recognize that you don't have much room to run with in a mideval fantasy setting, but we're in a dungeon, and even the weapon descriptors are the same; dubious.
I know this is supposed to be a clone of Entombed or something, and if you want to make Entombed's bigger, more awesome brother, then congratulations. I have no idea what you want the end result to be, but I would hope for a completely different setting and aim, something more than clearing and exploring dungeons. I see a lot of talent here for a potentially awesome game. I just... really don't want to play Entombed again. I beat that game already.

Now that I've made myself sound like a complete ruiner of dreams,
I think it's a fun game to play with, as I said, a much better feel to it. I like the tabbed chargen dialogue.
Your main menu music sounds like an epic battle is about to happen. There is one damage sound that sounds like a snapping bone or something. Makes me cringe a little, but in a good way-- like Swamp's ankle breaking sound. It's gruesome.
I just don't want to fight rats and orks in a dungeon.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : roro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : seal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vsmiro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Arabic two thousand via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Stevie-3 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Cinnamon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vsmiro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : roro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector