Re: Swamp, zombie fps by Aprone

Wasn't there something going on with armor in testing to try to fix it, make it stronger or something?
I know I haven't played Swamp over the last couple of months because it's so hard to survive when you get swarmed and trapped on say, sub1 right now. Your health easily drops to 75%, and things start breaking. I want to see breakage stay in the game; I think it's a neat and useful feature. But set so high as it is right now, it really turns me off from wanting to play, because I know I'm going to get squished like a bug on the sidewalk.

*Play, loot, level, get your points up.
Doing the same old thing gets old after a while, so you go on sub1 or sub2 to try to find something decent to give you an edge in a 35 camping. Sub1 is particularly squishy and full of death corners. Dying all the time is disheartening, but I really /need/ that good armor.

*The game needs to keep some sort of challenge or insentive for the player to remain inter ested.
There's a fine line between creating a challenge and breaking the gamer spirit. I enjoy playing Swamp, but I'm not a hampster in a wheel, and I don't want to spend 500 hours doing the same thing on the same few maps just so I can have enough points to survive somewhere cool. 50 hours, maybe.

*I don't know how many people are still regularly playing Swamp now; probably a lot. Obviously they don't have a problem with the current system, so why are all these people whining?
It is my right as an American citizen to whine and complain until my demands are met! wink But seriously though, my own personal feels are that I really don't want to play Swamp at all until I see Aprone come out with some sort of new thing with armor, whether it's that the breaking point goes down, or that skillpoints get rearranged as he spoke about much earlier in t he thread. I've been waiting for that ever since I saw him planning it bac in early summer. I love Swamp. It's a fun game and a great community. I'm just really disappointed with this new change.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : thetruegamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : thetruegamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mehgcap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FM94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Cinnamon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flyby chow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Cinnamon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : thetruegamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : braillemaster via Audiogames-reflector