Re: upcoming KNFB reader Iphone app: your thoughts

potentially useful if it works, though 99 usd is bloody expensive (then again what do you expect for an accessibility product).

Last Ocr programs I tried ended up being more  trouble than they were worth, especially at university trying to do rather complex philosophy papers sinse having to disentangle errors in the ocr and read with a synth voice wasn't fun, but it is entirely possible that ocr technology has improved significantly sinse that was a fare while ago.

My only other question is, if you can't see the document in the first place how do you know where to point the phone? I don't just mean in terms of upside down or rightside up sinse I imagine the program can orient the text, but in terms of say holding it far enough away to get the entire page in pperspective and not chop bits off the bottom, or being able to hold the thing streight.

I had enough trouble with this with a portable flatbed scanner, and there at least it was always clear which way to put the page.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cbenner via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector