Re: New Apple Announcements: iPhone 6, iOS 8, AppleWatch, ApplePay, U2

I think Luke has a point here about bigger numbers and more of so and so not necessarily being a major boost if it doesn't do anything good (which is precisely why i am still using windows xp), however if the thumb drive thing is true then that would be enough of a concrete change for me at least, (and unlike windows at least compatibility and interface won't go down the tubes).

i personally disagree both about screen and about getting an Ipad instead, sinse firstly having the phone functions accessible on the same device helps, --- -I'd have never myself bothered paying to recieve texts but as I can I might as well have the machine that does so.

Regarding screen  size, I personally bought the Iphone 5 instead of the 4 or 4s two years ago precisely because it had a larger screen sinse the larger the screen the less cramped you have to make your vo gestures, and operations such as dragging and dropping become much easier, so I disagree that the lar ger screen isn't involved with access, then again sinse I already carry a shoulder bag around with me, having a larger device really won't make that much difference (I'd never try to carry my Iphone in a coat pocket).

I will however probably wait to get the 6 until some time has passed and some of the bugs have been worked out, and until someone has devised a decent sort of case for the thing.

As to things like the apple watch and this house ap kit etc, well useful if you want that sort of thing, though not really to me personally. Also it does concern me that Apple are creating situations of monopoly by their policy of intigration, sinse I bet for the apple smoke alarm thing to work you will need a specific brand of alarm that can communicate with your Iphone etc.

Indeed I remember a joke about apple toasters, but that isn't too far from where things are going.