Re: cleaning up my pc to speed up performance?

@assault_freak

I think you can disable a lot of services without trouble, but don't disable Windows Audio and Plug and play.

These are necessary for the sound card and recognition of plug and play devices.

If I remember correctly, you can disable services by running msconfig.

It's really mindboggling how many services are enabled by default by Windows.

If you want to take a deeper peek, download Hijackthis and see how much is hidden from the ordinary user.

There are more services than those shown by services.msc and a lot of IE browser extensions are really unnecessary.