Re: A really good Dr. who related Youtube series

That Faq was written still at the time when people thought "the time war" meant Mcgan regenerating into Ecleston, which Bf couldn't do, (though imho as I said, Mcgan does still! regenerate into Ecleston).

They can still have an escalating conflict between the Daleks and Timelords, and have many hints to the fact that worse stuff is coming along, indeed in the Second Dark eyes the master is regenerated by the Time lords so we get another (and quite different)t Master before the one Tenant met who went and turned himself human.

Then again, sinse Davies left continuity seems to have gone out the window anyway, what with so much crazy shenanigans that don't make sense and vague hints that go no where, so it probably wouldn't matter if bf actually did! the time war, even if they have to stop short of the Doctor using the moment or regenerating.

As to Torchwood I agree. Series 1 was very much raaaagh! look this is adult! it has soap opera plo ts with affairs and things, and lots of gore, and people who are bi, and morally ambiguous and grim stuff!

However Series 2 started really picking up. All the characters got explored and heck, MArtha who was one of my least favourite tv characters actually was pretty cool in Torchwood, and Children of Earth aka Series 3 is just plane amazing!

Miracle Day aka series 4 has some unique ideas, great moments, and some hilariously ironic twists, indeed it sort of amused me that at the time Doctor who was doing it's "look americans! we have the moon landing, and jokes about the founding fathers, and long speaches about the American people, and please buy this!" Torchwood Miracle day was having very ironic pokes at a lot of American things from corporate Televangilists, to the death penalty and the Cia thinking their invincible.

Miracle day was good, though not quite as awsome as Children of Earth.

SoBtw, I just saw the episode "listen" yes terday of the new series, and yee gods mophat needs to get his act together! all that Surreal stuff about fear which basically boiled down to Clara telling the doctor he was afraid of the dark, and what on earth was that rubbish about the Doctor wanting to join the army or something? Indeed seeing the young doctor on Galifrey was just plane wrong!

If that episode says  something it's that the Doctor is an idiot and Clara needs to constantly tell him what to do, and the Doctor is crap at talking to kids, which given the fact that he has already had at least one child plus his grand daughter and that in the past the Doctor has been actually pretty good with kids was just wrong!

And if the Doctor is supposed to have no romantic feelings for Clara, what's all this ridiculous competing with Danny thee idiot Pink? Indeed Danny sort of annoys me (what is it with the Moph and actually writing male characters with any sort of integrity who aren't social miss fits).

I do see what you  mean about Clara being a stronger character, but all "listen" seemed to say is that the doctor is an idiot and Clara needs to boss him around! indeed what this says about men generally is pretty cruddy, but would probably take another post.

On the plus side, I also saw Time Heist which was, surprise surprise, a good story! it had a real monster that actually killed! someone (sound the bloody trumpets), and I loved the idea of characters who died, even though of course Mophat had to undermine that.

It was even a sensible time travel story with a nice complete plot and ending, a shame that Mophat had to spoil the end with the doctor saying to Clara "Now beat that for a date!"

In fact the logic here really pisses me off, that everyone, including the thousand year old time lord has to compete for the affections of the pretty girl! grrrrrrr!

Mophat really! needs a punch up the hooter!
I'll ca rry on watching, but I don't intend to see any of those stories again much less buy them on dvd, and I still hold to my "Everything after the tenth doctor happened in the divergent universe" theory.