Re: The Best Means of Editing Config Files via SSH on Windows?

yes.  Use an sftp client.  I personally like WinSCP.
You can log on as root via it if you really want.  While I don't recommend this from a security perspective, I must admit that I do it; logging on as root lets you edit everything.  It takes a bit of configuration to use your favorite editor, and it doesn't understand file types (maybe others do), but it is accessible enough.
Doing text editing via command line is always painful.  There might be a line editor for Linux, but I'm not aware of it.  In truth, line editors would be pretty hard anyway.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : king gamer222 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector