Re: Accessible HTPC set up, seeking advice

Yep, that case looks nice, but it's way too tall (37.5 cm) to go under your telly. On the other hand, at least right now, I have about 300 GB spare on my smallest disk (the MacBook Pro's hot-swapped 1TB SSD) including the media collection, so I can afford to use a simple USB enclosure with 6 TB in it and still use RAID1. And that makes an absolutely great solution for me, because I access everything using gigabit Ethernet. This will all change when I've finished ripping my DVDs though, and I'll have to scale up to one of those dedicated RAID controllers.

As to the yoof/celebs taking pictures of themselves, well yes, it's more a general distrust in cloud providers generally. Apple, for they're currently hosting my email, have shown themselves to be remarkably resistant, but I'd still benefit from having it at home all the same. It's also true that as an email sysadmin I'd like some of my flexibility back.