Re: canceling windows disk error check?

hi,
an update on diskcheck
I waited for 4 5 hours and the progress was still frozen
I kept getting io read/write warnings in event log while the check was running
so I pulled out the drive
oddly, the process still didn't throw up an error and I had to reboot to terminate it
the cancel button still didn't work iether
taskmanager was useless to terminate it
the process doesn't seem to have damaged the drive in any way