Re: guide dogs!

I never had a dog of any description before Kirk so in my case it was at least a couple months, so be patient. If you at all like animals of any description the bond will happen, just don't feel guilty like I did because it hasn't happened yet and everyone always talks about how you must have fallen in love with the dog already.

In my case I had to learn to read Kirk's behaviour without sight, since I grew up with cats I was used to having an audio cue for when they're happy in their purring as well as having to learn a dog's body language or what I can tell of it. It takes time to tune in to what they're thinking and how they're feeling but you will get there.