Re: Books by Stephen King

King as I said does have a tendency to almost the opposite of the Koontz style niceness, given  the amount of his characters who ar  alcoholics, or drug adicts, or   embezle money, or have  cheat on their wives/husbands, indulge in abusive relationships or whatever, although I never found this quite as bad as the opposite tendency, because evenif King does have seemy characters they have more to them and there are at least some vaguely normal people in their too.

Heck, King occasionally raids the  American dream family flanders style character box too, look at the amount of  old neighbors he have  who turn out to be "goood ol' buddies" of the main character, however as I said King does balance things quite a lot, and he doesn't tend to crank up the nicy nicy  too far the way someone like Koontz seems to.

I have heard  good things about the Mist audio drama, so I'll  definitely bare  that in mind, although as I said inmonthly chat I'm very much in sf mode at the moment.