Re: Slightly OT - Building a GUI in PureBasic

I'm not so much talking about sounds here.  I understand the case of sounds, sort of, though even there there's the creative commons attribution share-alike.  In the case of sounds, they may or probably aren't mine to share in the first place.
But code I write that's never going to build my commercial empire, why not?  Even Libaudioverse--which will be commercial--is open source.  So that's not even quite an excuse for some things.  We have many, many threads about how to program x or how the math for y works, and yet no one thinks about just using Github for their project and putting it up under BSD or MIT or something.  If it's a library and you want to sell, so long as you follow some basic rules, you can release a free version under the GPL-this means open source for open source projects, basically.
But in this case, yeah-you can't even touch the program logic, so why in the world does it matter?  And if you really, really care, so long as the language in question lets you use XML from a string, you can just encrypt the file anyway.