Re: Alter Aeon Updates

Hi there Kenzen.

In alter you know me as Laeg (I recently bought the character, Before that I was Elvina, and my very first real character was thetruegamer and neither of these are still mine)

You Think 5 minutes is much for a fame mob?
I know my personal record is around 2 hours to kill a fame mob (this was on the mainland).
For some fame mobs, it's simply they hitting a bit hard, to casting various spells, to doing this and that, or it could be a matter of simply outregening you.
The quicksand does neither of these things, it just has a lot lot of hp which is the whole idea of it.
I know a level 23 necro with the bloodmist spell could easily take it on just like my old character unholy did, though he had to recall and walk back a few times to regen up.

Also this morning you said to me over clantell that you ought to learn enchant armor some day, just cause armor is useful for a caster with Little hp.
You have way too Little hp, and thus, you ought to focus every prac now on raising your constitution. Putting a bit of exp into the warrior or thief class will also pay off.
In my opinion and how I choose to normally play (there are exceptions, such as certain mobs that hit extremely hard) armor is overrated. Parry Dodge and high dexterity is far a better option, combined together with the protective spells.
Firstly, the enchant armor spell requires an enchantable piece of armor (an armor piece with no other stats).
I just spent this morning Before heading off to school (I'm in school now on break) gearing up and enchanting a tank set (I'm not done yet). What I got from that was about 460 armor with the protective spells thrown in.
However, as you are a caster, you ought to be focusing on castlevel, you need enough int and wis to cast the spells (which might be the reason you sometimes fail casting one because you worn Equipment with negative int or wis) and you need mana to cast it .
Hit me up next time you see me online and I can help you get the basic eq done (you kinda have to take my advice and trust me in what I'm doing).
There are a lot of misconceptions
you have about the game (no worries, I was a total noob for over my first year)
As for the shard storm question, yes I Think they can be dispelled with the spell dispel, but a way more effective way is shard storm or any other area spell.
And ... I hardly encounter any fame mobs that use bloodmist. smile