Re: A really good Dr. who related Youtube series

The problem Cx2 is that there isn't much after! first contact. I haven't seen insurrection for years, and nemesis was hardly a superlative trek film, (I only have a copy because a friend of mine hated it so much he gave it me for nothing) , so usually when I think of tng I think of the tv series.

Indeed, to be honest first contact has some nice bits, but   I really dislike the way Picard is suddenly an action hero and the fact that the borg seemed so useless that an entire cube is blown up and they're stoaways on the enterprise for the entire film. The Queen had her moments as a villainess, especially her interactions with data, but I always preferd the Borg as a faceless collective, it was one of the things that made them so scary.

The two parter reintroducing the cybermen in New who series 2, though it was rather stretched out and had some issues did have a nice idea on this, sinse when a cyber leader is blown up you see a normal cyberman j ust bend down and download the files of the dead leader, turning his jug handles black and making him the new cyber leader. Indeed there the cyber leader was essentially not distinguished from standard cybermen at all, just the central component in a system.

I actually think the design of the new cybermen was quite correct, huge, clomping and metallic, and definitely not human, even if they have been sort of reduced to rent a villain status, and the emotional weakness plot has been so over used it seems all you need to do to defeat the cybermen is start crying :d.