3 Kingdoms Mud

So this mud has been discussed a bit on here, but I wanted to make an official topic for it. I started getting back into it recently, and though it's very slow, it's actually quite fun.

3 kingdoms is a mud that combines 3 different dimensions into one atmosphere. Science, fantasy, and chaos. It's a little like 4 dimensions in that regard, but much more advanced. Fantasy is basically medieval stuff: magic users, dragons, castles. Science is everything from futuristic space stations to Jedi to cyborgs. Chaos is, well, chaos. Everything from shapeshifters, to fisher price playhouses, to death tacos, to Barney. Figure that one out, haha.

The guilds are along the same lines. There are 18 different guilds, most of which I have not played because of the speed of gameplay. However, all the guilds seem to be fairly advanced. I'm currently playing a cyborg, which has a rather incredible system of implants for it's guild powers. Instead of taking up equip ment slots or being simple stat boosters, implants are installed in many different body locations and can be anything from stat boosting exo-arms, to built in weaponry like incendiary cannons or hand razors, to utilitarian implants like finger lights and retractible dive fins. All of this is carefully balanced by a system of power implants that you can install, power storage implants like battery packs and power regeneration systems like solar cells and flywheels. Eventually you'll get the power grid, which gives you much more freedom with your power implants. Anyway, there are many other guilds, such as angel, fremen (yes, the ones from Dune,) Jedi (of course everyone knows where they're from,) changelings, priests, bards, any other common and not so common staples of mudding life. There are even 3 basic guilds, called temp guilds, to help new players get started. These guilds are much more lax, can be joined without needing to be recruited by another player, and advance more quickly than any other guild on the game, but they have a hard cap at level 60 and thus will never be as powerful as a full-featured guild. I tried fighter and found it to be very powerful, though quite boring, but I can see where it would definitely be useful for newbies.

There are other ways to customize your character, above and beyond that offered by guilds. Guilds generally have many ways to customize your character anyway, such as choosing your implants as a cyborg and switching between them when you want to, choosing which powers you want as a psicorps and switching between them, developing your skill tree as a bladesinger, etc. However, there are also crafting professions to be joined, 3 crafting and 3 gathering. There are many professions as well to help you customize further, that provide skill, attribute and other statistic boosts, and sometimes special abilities. You get 2 minor professions, 2 specialization professions and 1 major profession. There's als o a guild that can be joined at level 90 called the ascended, which is in addition to your normal guild, and with perks, you can even combine the benefits of two different guilds together at some point, though I'm not sure exactly how this works yet. As you can see though, there's a ton of room for customization.

Important to note is that there was just some major policy updating. Quest info is now free and clear to be discussed with whoever yo uwant to, though the wizards still ask that if someone doesn't want any quest info, that you respect their wishes. There's also been some newbie updates that I don't think are quite in yet, such as starting the game with a set of gear and picking one of the temp guilds at login instead of at level 5. There's even some talk about letting mid level players summon this gear to them with a command. You can read more about this by typing aread 802 in the game.

This mud has a rather unique playstyle in that you do not keep your gear, either when you log out or when the mud reboots, which happens every few days. This keeps the game competitive so that unique items are not hoarded and some people just like to play that way. It's not something I'm crazy about, but there's ways to work around it and plenty of ways to acquire gear every time you log in. At level 30 and for quite a bit of gold, you can also buy a house that will let you store your gear until the mud reboots. Guilds all have a donation system as well, so if you join a guild with a good playerbase there will usually be something in the donation containers.

I know this post was a little random, but hopefully I'll see some of you playing there. This mud is paced very slowly, so don't expect to get powerful quickly. The player base is very helpful though, the newbie tutorial and newbieland is pretty awesome, and the game has a lot of advanced mechanics, especially in it's questing. You can fin d it at:

Address: 3k.org

Port: 3000

There are no sound packs that I know of. See you in the game. I'm Gordan if anyone needs any help, though I'm not all that powerful myself yet, haha.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tikki via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector