Re: programming languages

My concern about Python is that it encourages some practices that will eat you alive in languages like C# or C++.
Python lets you declare variables without typing them, something which absolutely will not work in a c-style language. You are also allowed to do things like:
a,b = 1,2
This is very, very creative, but again, not gonna happen in most any other language. Then there's the fact that you can index an array like so
array[-1]
I dare you to try that in C++ and see what happens. Atually, I don't think that would be a good idea at all. big_smile I also don't like the way python handles objects, wherein you have to set a variable equal to the constructer of a class. Then there's the way private members are handled, which is clunky and less readable than something like C++...I could go on, but I think you get my point. I know there are cert ainly many people out there who like Python, and that it is widely accepted as a good programming language, so I'll stop my rant now. big_smile