Re: Ultra power latest version!

You can aim up down left and right, angles would be nice though like left and up right and down I agree, but for now it still has a nice mechanic in place of that, in that you need to physically move as well to line up a shot.

I view it as a sort of arcade style game, so that's no problem with me, maybe not in some ways but in others yes.

I don't want to come off rude, but you keep comparing Ultrapower to console games, yeah when I talked about MMOs you were able to relate, but this is not at all trying to be like a console game, this is an indi pc game, a 2d sidescrolling fast paced shooter, that, might even be considered third person by the sited community, because of the scale of the objects around you.
But this is not a console game, it isn't developed in the same way at all, it's not even constricted by a platform like steam or the windows app store, the mac app store, or google play.
I could probably go on for paragraphs about how console gaming titles from big name brands differ from PC indi titles, but really, they develope ideas, test products, code and design differently, they have far more resources and can spread their time between many people all with various specific jobs and backgrounds, all bringing different sets of skills to the table, they are also more limited in what they can change from the original idea by the parent company, and they are under quality control even when they put the initial idea out there.
First, UP was a 2d topdown fps shooter with a flat open environment, then it was the same thing with buildings, then it was along the lines of the other 2d sidescrolling type stuff that Mason had already been pumping out before then, and that had already been introduced to the community by Blast Bay Studio's Parrallis Hearts concept demo, which was a change, but turned out to be unique and awesome.

The sound design only changed in that it tried to be edgy, by following in the footsteps of other games, and somewhat realistic, then changed to less realistic and more beat em up arcade and fast paced.

To me, that's not that hard to follow, nor unbelieveable, he tried different things, game styles, weapons and money systems, food, he had no set goal in mind, now he does, so bada bing, bada boom.

As to the who ever pulls the trigger fast enough gameplay?

Yes.

That's true...

It's kind of the point...

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kruf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vlad25 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dranelement via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : the terminator via Audiogames-reflector