Re: Ultra power latest version!

Most of the Swamp sounds are just pulled out of big commercial sound libraries, edited yes, some more than others, but it's mostly Hollywood Edge and Sound Ideas, and if Kai actually owned the materials he was using, well I'd be surprised, they cost thousands of dollars.
And with Gortholon it's the same, but with a bit more spread between libraries, I believe he uses some BBC and Soni as well, can't be absolutely sure though, and he does edit more...
Not that I'm accusing either of them  of anything though, and besides, I can't prove it, but yes, some of the sounds are unfortunately taken from Swamp and RTR, something that I didn't like much either, but on the other hand, allot of them aren't...
And it's not exactly the first game to do that, the Sound RTS Crazy Mod, lots of audio skits, and many small easy to forget games that died down in popularity quickly.

Honestly though, if I release my sounds in a free product with no protection and I'm fully aware of that fact, I expect, and under the circumstances, would probably even appreciate, seeing my sounds in other projects.
I mean not getting credit, that part would suck, but I can pretty much tell you right now that almost none of the Sound Designers on this forum are using sounds they recorded them selves, and that aren't unlicensed, so yeah the actual mixing is difficult and if you really do some processing and good layering your going above and beyond, but at the end of the day your still using already existing high quality professionally recorded, edited, and remastered audio clips that you didn't spend all of the time and effort on recording your self.

Also yeah Assault Freak I meant unique in audio only, though even in mainstream gaming the idea is still really cool in my opinion, even if it's not as original any more.

I would probably take offense to the registration system to o, but it is way more secure for Mason...  And if the game weren't so cheap but as it is...  I mean even if you don't have your own government money yet, or your not earning your own, the Holidays are coming up and everything.  But I do understand the not wanting to leap first ask questions later mentality, most especially with the more drastic currency rate differences, how ever hopefully the recordings I made, and the readme file that you get when you download can help you learn more about the game?