Re: Opening a port in the router, what are the inconvenients?

No. Dynamic DNS works as follows.
1. Your computer turns on and connects to the internet.
2. A piece of software detects this and connects to a server.
3. The server asks the software which computer you are, and then associates your domain name with your new IP address.  Because the server doesn't know who you are, this connection is necessary-the server can't ask, you have to tell.
4. Profit.
This can be done by hand if you want, but it will take time to propagate unless you know what you're doing.  Also you'd have to be crazy to actually want to.  There is no limit to the maximum number of connections here.  The dynamic DNS is not involved in the process beyond the point where your computer asks "what IP do I need for camlorn.dyndns.org?"
If you're thinking that every computer coming in is connecting to a different Ip address, that's not it at all.  Connections are much more complicate d than that.  The issue here is that the IP changes every couple of days and the connecting computer needs to be able to get it somehow, not that something is assigning clients IPs when they connect.  When a client connects, it actually gets a unique port as I recall.
Think of IPs like mailing addresses and packets like envelopes.  You can get envelopes from multiple family members, as it were, and you know who it came from because it's got a label.  But you don't need multiple mailboxes to do this.
Any restrictions in Swamp are to do with Swamp, and to be honest I didn't even know it had a player limit.  80 seems quite low, though; I wonder what's failing beyond that point.