VIPMud Help, SlothMud in Particular

Hi all,

So, I'm a casual MUDer, and have been for several years. I love Alter Aeon, but of course I use MushZ for that, and it handles all the fancy stuff by itself. Someone took a lot of time to do all that behind-the-scenes stuff so I don't have to...but it leads me, indirectly, to why I'm here making this topic.

I've gotten into a mud called SlothMud, and I'm already being told that if I want to stick around, I'm going to need to figure out triggers. I have never created, used or fiddled with a trigger in VipMud in my life, except for this morning.
When you're in a group, it is possible for your group to be scattered, and the first thing you'll see when this happens is "Your front line collapses!". Well, when you're small and easily killed, the first thing you want to do when that happens is to get behind everyone else, so you'd naturally type "maneuver back" to go to the back line. The playe rs are suggesting that I could make a trigger which sees the message about the front-line collapsing and immediately shoves my player back when it sees the echo. That's great...except when I tried doing it, it didn't work.

Can someone who's familiar with VipMud walk me through the process of making and/or activating a trigger so it's always there? If I can do it once, I think I can keep doing it. I followed the documentation in the VipMud help, and it seemed to lead me astray.

For fun, I tried setting up a second trigger for testing purposes. I had it search for the line "You drop a small sack", and triggered it to use the command "get sack", but even though I followed the client's instructions, nothing I did could make the trigger actually fire.

Sorry if these are confusing or newbie-ish questions, but I really would like to figure out triggers. Aliases are no problem, I use those all the time, but triggers are apparent ly the sort of thing it's very handy to be able to use, and I'd like to give this mud a really good chance because it's not one of those "grind till final promotion in eight hours" sorts of things.

Please write back if you can help. Thanks.