Re: Swamp, zombie FPS by Aprone

Well I've had another hour on swamp this morning and hit level 8 which is good, sinse I've explored the entirety of map one (even the factory and the church).

I do have a couple of questions, or possibly concerns I don't know.

First off zombie groans. Are they supposed to be directional with the footsteps? it seems sinse 3.4 the zombies are much more vocal, but the loudness of groans doesn't seem to collate with the distance of zombies, indeed I've had occasions where I actually couldn't hear the zombie's footesteps for the groaning, or is this an especially cunning tactic on their part? big_smile.

Second, I've noticed when using the scoped winchester, the sounds of loot in the area goes really faint which is odd. I don't believe this happens with the m40 though i could be wrong sinse obviously I tend to grab loot in the area before crouching with the gun to engage in snipery.

Then what is it with K mart? Are they sponsering Aprone to advertise sinse they seem to stock everything! from salt to car parts to toys! big_smile.

Then, I am wondering bout speed of levelling, sinse I've been playing now for 15 hours but have just hit level 8, and sinse there are a lot of levels I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I know some weapons lower xp from zombie kills, but I thought those were specifically the silenced weapons like the Glock 19 with silencer or the Mp5 with the suppresser. Indeed, thus far in weapon terms, I tend to use a melee weapon in buildings, (the machete is a favourite), the mp5 as a sort of go to weapon for single zombies, the r15 when there are a few zombies clustered, and the m16 for taking out huge groups, plus the odd bit of snipeage with the m40 just for fun. I'v e managed to find a vulcan minigun but haven't yet found a use for it specifically, particularly sinse it's just a such a fuel guzzler.

The weapon that I keep trying to work out the correct use of is the winchester, sinse it seems like basically a poor quality m40, but it's not got much by way of stopping power which rather negates the scope advantage, indeed I never seem to get the range worked out on it. Ironically, usually the reason I miss zombies is because they are father away than the weapon range on the gun I'm using, but I suppose that's something to get used to in time.

I've not tried joining a mission yet. Before christmas I tried the warehouse collecte 10 crate mission solo and got killed after 5 crates which was annoying, though I suppose trying a solo mission was a bit much even if I did have a huge stack of weaponry big_smile.

I also have a suggestion. I really like the quest system, but as I said, it often means going to the same buildings over again. So, how about as well as the random pickup quests add some specific building based quests, ie, have one specific item per building on the map the player must pickup to complete the quest, and give a higher reward for collecting it, thus encouraging players to explore the entire map, particularly as far as dangerous areas like the factory go. Carrying messages or supplies to survivers holed up in places like the factory, perhaps collecting a bible from the church for a christian surviver, maybe getting specific possessions from surviver's houses etc.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : fedai via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sswwaaiikkee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bee_songkran via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JDrenth via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flyby chow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Gore Demon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : revan via Audiogames-reflector