Re: Inspiration or Objectification

Teachers also in my public school used different methods to make me greatly understand what our school system included, in different subjects, such as biology, chemistry and others.

I guess that that situation I mentioned above, and what the others had done before comes as a result of a lack of information and because they might not have seen blind people before.
I really explained everything regarding how we work, how we interuct with our computer, how we learn, how we prepare projects, I did even make a demonstration of how the screen reader works, making them listen to jaws, while performing tasks, like navigating through different menus and browsing on the internet, but some of them still can’t understand how we do this and they got stunned when they see me reading my homeworks.
I keep telling them that, if there isn’t anything which is inaccessible to us, I can’t learn it as far as there is not any way to do it, but if there are subjects like foreign language, history, philosophy and other stuff like that, there isn’t anything I can’t learn. My brain works like yours so I can memorize everything and talk the exam. So why can’t I learn it?

When I deeply think about this, I honestly don’t find any prevention which denies us the right to learn everything which has nothing to do with vision. We have the same brain, don’t we?