Re: Roboid Inc.: New accessible browser game with large story feature

Hi.

Well I have made a start on the game, (look me up as darkempathy).. I am very much liking the story, atmosphere and world, particularly the extra information and the story goals.

In access terms I've not run into any major issues thus far sinse even where graphics are employed the game has standard controls that any screen reader should navigate fine, and I do rather like the notifications in text of events in progress" page layout is also nice and logical and easily navicable with reference to standard web control features like headings, the + and * in the menus are also a good help to let you know what menus you have open once I realized what they ment.

I would suggest perhaps writing in the instructions and the new player information that the link with the question mark, ie ? is the one that leads to the in game help, sinse many screen reader users do not have their voices set to read punctuation specifically when using them in a standard way, but it's more than easy enough to read a question mark when needed.

I do need to check the layout and status of the calibration menu, sinse though the controls gave access to the info I need to check I got the meaning of what stats were being mentioned, I also wonder about the "stats in red" mentioned for items you couldn't currently use in the help, but I've not got that far along yet. I particularly look forward to starting on scavenging sinse I'm generaly an exploring sort of chap.

My only real miner niggle isn't actually related to access, but to the game's descriptions of combat.

as I said I love the atmosphere with the media, news etc as well as the stories, it's therefore rather sad to get a combat that reads just like a set of stats, ie, so and so attacks so and so for x damage.

It'd be great if the text here was a bit more atmospheric, ---- though if this was just the practice droids and tournamen ts get their own distinct description style (say a sports news caster), fare enough and I'll be glad to see later on.

Definitely nice to see a robot game with personality (put not intended).

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : silverkey via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : silverkey via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : silverkey via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cruiser destroyer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : silverkey via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : silverkey via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : silverkey via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : silverkey via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : silverkey via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : balliol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : silverkey via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector