Re: Audio production requests: I need ideas

Yeah sorry, I was worried it might sound like I was saying I think you believe you know everything but don't, what I mean is, for those that do, compared to those that don't, it's confusing.
Those that think they have it all figured out will probably have this crash later on, and unfortunately, it's probably going to be even more damaging to them at that point because they have built a life yes, but on pillars of sand and way, way too fast, so important decisions were skipped over by accident along the way and will come back to haunt them.

People that don't think they have it figured out and can't seem to find the path to the next part of their lives, so to speak, will probably crash in the last part of highschool or just after, because they don't know what the hell to do now, yet their are so very many stressful decisions to make, and everyone you can go to for information and assistance has their own opinion based on their own experiences, which gets even worse if your blind and have no other successful and independent blind people around you to ask.

It's nice that your still doing well in school and participating in some extra coricular activities, and it seems like you have a good understanding of your self, which is hugely helpful in this, but the reason I didn't suggest a bunch of specific stuff before was because really, the only way to fix this is to get out there and pick a direction to move in, often with the help of others, and both things feed off of each other.

For instance, I got my school to put me in IT12, but I also mentioned that 75 percent of IT11 was office applications, which I have to use in a completely different way from everyone else anyway, as well as graphics editing, video editing, and basic game design with a GUI interface, so I didn't get much out of the course at all.
But after asking me what I liked to do and me mentioning how much I've studied up on computer specs and helped people find great prices on prebuilt computers, as well as creating lists of parts for them, and that what I'd really love to do is get my hands in a real computer and actually build with and replace broken parts, they managed to get me into an independent learning study, where I can learn some of that from the IT teacher, but I also may have the opertunity to outsource some work experience with the same kind of stuff.
They also might be able to get me into the short film making module of the media arts course, which, for 80 percent of the year is photography and editing, but for the rest is something I could provide sound design for, and since there are multiple groups, I can work on lots of different things, which is much better than what I did one year when I sat in on the entire video course at another school and never had enough work between videos, even with 5 groups.
Needless to say this made me quite happy, and really pumped me up for the next year.

I'm also going to be looking around at colleges and universities in my area, finding out what courses they offer, and talking to the accessibility representatives for each, about which courses will give me the least  grief, so that I don't make the mistake of having my heart set on a course where it's basically impossible to get anywhere unless I want to be a trailblazer and sail through a storm of shit in order to make a statement, which I don't.

I guess what worked for me was just to do shit my own way, and talk to people that actually know things, not people that think they know things.  For the longest time I was incredibly depressed about my GPA, because, long story short, it's absolutely crap, and no one could give me a straight answer on weather it mattered or not to employers and schools, or if I was totally fucked and would either have to go for some crappy 9 to 5 for years an d years, or just go back and do a shit ton of courses that I hated the first time all over again and hope I did better, while lagging behind everyone else.
Turns out, I can do the adult grad program, which means that all I need to do are the basic prerequisit courses that everyone asks for by default, and 2 grade 12 courses of my choosing.  Since a huge part of my grade problem is that I keep moving schools and or houses before finishing my courses, often against my will and for stupid or upsetting reasons, I've basically been through at least 75  percent of each of  the courses that are meant to prepare me for the grade 12 followups, so now I don't even have to do them again, no science 10, no english 11, no math 10, etc, and I also get more help when I need it.

I feel better about these changes all the time, and being with a vision teacher that  is willing to show me some more living skills, mostly those I haven't had time to pic k up so far, as well as working with me some more on some that I already have, in a flexible and respectful manner, is extremely comforting, considering that I'll be moving to an apartment near my mom's soon and I'm almost done with my government assistance application forms.

Talking with my new counceler helps too, even though we're still getting a feel for each other, which is difficult for him since I have blindness specific problems as well.
I just figure that, there's allot of cool people who's job it is to make this easier, and I see no point in not only using that resource to it's fullest potential, but also seeing what you your self are capable of as well, even if you need to lean on them for support for a little bit until your ready to face the new life you've started with less help.
Making new friends, many of them with the  same interests as you, during this hole education brouzing, job finding, skill coll ecting process thingy, is pretty much a  given, too, and while many won't admit it outright, they can often take as much comfort from your support as you can from theirs.

It's not easy to find the resolve or the passion to do this, but it's easier to start than you think, and it's sort of just one of those, do it because you damn well can, and giving up would be proving that your not in control of your self things, and no one wants to think that. I can pretty much tell you now that almost every teacher at your school can probably send you in the right direction with minimum effort on your part to begin said process, and when you get there, those people can do the same for you, and so on, and so on, until your ready to confidently take the wheel, and start directing your life soly on your own, so that you can begin using assistance from others to help and advise you on the best course of action, instead  of directly guiding you based in part on their own ideals.