Re: Depression quest, a gamebook illustrating life with clinical depressi

@Aaron, I have not heard of this gamer gate thing of which you speak, though actually it sounds as if I really wouldn't want to, ---- or at least if I did I'd want to hunt me some troll big_smile.

Personally, I just liked this because I found it an interesting and worthwile use of the medium, indeed I have a friend who is working on something similar (I sent her the link for interest's sake, though if there is some huge controversy going on over this she might know already as she has done her research).

I actually wonder if the developer has experienced the depredations of trolls if I ought to send them an e-mail (actually I didn't even know the gender of the developer at all), just saying I liked what was being done, both as a researcher with a theoretical interest in disability, someone with a wide experience and appreciation of games, and as someone w ho has at least a degree of understanding of depression being as I have friends with the condition, (one reason why I included depression in my research on disability).

Oh and btw, A dark room is awsome!

Edit: okay, just consulted the fount of all wisdom over gamer gate and youch!
I will confess that as a gender equalitarian I tend to find the more radical brand of feminism problematic, particularly sinse most feminists fail to recognize the huge amount of sexism involved in western society against men.

That being said, I'm shocked that a bunch of insane right wing trolls could get to these sorts of levels, ---- though thankfully at least the accessible games community is largely free of those sorts of goings on.

If I can find a way to contact the developer of Depression quest, just to say I appreciated the game for what it is, I will see if I can, ---- though I wouldn't blame her if she's impossible to contact after such insane g oings on.

Oh, and on the "representing gamers" front that these trolling morons used, I'd say the sme thing as a Muslim chap I spoke to recently did of extreme islamic terrorists. he said "how dare they represent Islam and claime to know the will of God, and yet behave in such an uncharitable way"

Well though it doesn't have the devine force behind it, I'd say the same. how dare! someone call themselves a gamer and claime that they appreciate games if they have such a narrow minded view and must resort to threats and trolling rather than propper discussion.