Re: New game from Oriol Gómez: Run for your life!

@Oriol, amusingly enough when I saw the title of this topic I laughed, I didn't know new games from you were that scary big_smile.

Great sounds and music, I especially like the different death quotes.
I do however have a couple of issues. First, when I first played the game the music was so loud I couldn't hear the game. I automatically hit pg down, and that worked to turn the volume down but it wasn't mentioned in the readme, also until i restarted the game I didn't seem to be able to use the arrows to move after turning down the volume, though I've fiddled with the volume sinse and not replicated the problem.

About the game itself, firstly I'd like a "get ready" sound before the start, sinse initially I'd died when I barely realized I was playing. fun for arcade weerdness, however again this suffers the problem many audiogames do of just chucking a bunch of random stuff at you as much as possible. It seems the falling objects falling sound plays waaaay before they hit the floor, meaning avoiding them seemed very based on luck sinse it wasn't always possible to tell what was falling and what had landed, quite apart from the higher background volume.
I think part of this was that the sterrio field didn't feel particularly well defined here, most things seemed to happen in a narrow band at the center of the field without using the extreme right or left for gameplay elements as much.

I'm all for difficult games, but I'd rather a game be difficult because I know what is going on and am learning reactions and judging the engine than just because I'm trying to understand a complex bunch of souns squashed together.

Then again of course, I've not played the sammy center game so I don't know if this is similar or not.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JCion via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector