Re: Clok Mud

Don't bother with infested meat unless you want to become infested yourself, and thus be unable to enter towns without being attacked and likely have other players attack you. Whoever put the meat there was either new or trolling. That said the infested animals in and near Terueka are quite nice to practice on if you can handle the ambush attacks from the squirrels, and the occasional infested carrier.

Dark, you need the target command. Something like tar squirrel, then fire or barrage to continually fire. The quiver will be used automatically, and you can gather arrow when done to get them back in your quiver. The target command is essential when hunting, which you do by going to a non road part of the wilderness typing hide then typing hunt. Be prepared to take quite a few attempts at the hunt command because it's random whether you get something or not. As for encumbrance just type enc and it'll give you a vague notion of how much weight you're carryin g, and yes items in containers do count.

Pick axes are indeed just a tool but logging axes also make decent weapons if you were going the axes route, I've done over 100 damage on rare occasions with one. Both will fit in a haft frog, though as you say belt and shoulder slots are limited. I often find I'm balancing the types of containers I carry, including ammo containers and the like, to make the most of my four belt and three shoulder slots. Unfortunately there are no shoulder worn containers for axes, only the swords have a choice in the form of a belt worn scabbard or a shoulder worn baldrick.

If you're carrying an axe just to make a fire here's a few tips. First up you can forage for branches or for deadwood, deadwood is easier than finding branches but can't be carved and has a random chance of giving you a deadwood log instead. You can also forage for sticks. With either a logging axe, hand axe or great axe you can chop two large branches of either kind into two medium branches, and a medium branch into two small branches. Chopping a small branch or a stick will give you kindling, you can also hold the branch or stick and type break if you don't have an axe. Carving a branch, though I don't know if this works with deadwood branches, removes the bark which falls to the ground as shavings, this is used as tinder so I usually carry some with me in multiples of 3, the stave you get as a result still counts as a branch of the relevant size for the purposes of the fire. A campfire as far as I recall requires 3 tinder, 4 kindling and at least 3 branches but the more branches you have the longer it will burn for, type campfire to see how much you have and need. Once you have enough campfire make will assemble the fire, then light teepee and you will attempt to use firestones to light it. You can also add item to campfire to keep it burning longer. I don't find I have to do it often but it's good to know h ow to do, and if you forage for sticks and break them into kindling you don't even need an axe though an axe can help chopping the bigger branches to size.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cx2 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : wp85 via Audiogames-reflector