Re: Some question about IOS

Hi Hanif,

1. Why did you read the user guide for iOS 6? Not sure what version the iPhone 4S would come preinstalled with if you purchased it as new nowadays, but it is certainly possible, seamless and very easy to upgrade to iOS 8 first thing upon activating the device. Despite the several accessibility bugs that are still present even in iOS 8.1.3, and I admit some of them can be pretty annoying until you get used to them somehow, I wouldn't downgrade to any lower version these days, even if I could.
Many of the basic features and controls still remain the same in iOS 8 but many others, especially related to VoiceOver, have been added or changed since the days of IOS 6, especially such cool things as handwriting or on-screen Braille input, or even family sharing and iCloud itself, to name some of the systemwide ones.

2. The two finger scrub is for activating the back button to go to a previous screen within an app such as settings, if such a button is presen t. If it is, it is usually located in the top left corner right below the status bar and VoiceOver announces it as back button. The scrub gesture is there just for convenience, so that you don't have to locate the button by flicking or direct touching every time you need to use it. No matter where the focus currently is, you just perform the quick gesture and the button gets activated instantly.
To perform the gesture, place any two fingers on the display next to one another (I usually use my right hand index and middle fingers for this) and move them both synchronously slightly to the left, immediately slightly to the right and then immediately slightly to the left again. The user guide states this motion resembles the written letter S. It should be a very light, fast and fluent motion, nothing too difficult about it. Generally speaking, for most gestures I tend to have some distance between the two or more fingers needed for them, but for this one the fingers can be almo st touching one another and it still works, at least for me.

3. When you plug the charger in, VO will notify you, Likewise, if you unplug it and the phone is currently locked, the lock screen will automatically appear, however you will not be told the current battery level directly. For this, you need to touch the battery icon in the very top right corner of the display, that is the end of the status bar. It can take some practice to get used to locating it or any icon on the status bar for that matter, but again it's not something that couldn't be done or wouldn't be accessible.

Hope this helps,
Lukas

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Cinnamon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector