Re: Starting out with BGT

Yeah, bgt is only for games, being as it's blastbay game toolkit. If you don't want games, you've got a few things you can make, but it's gonna suck, being as that's very basic stuff we're talking about.
Bgt is based on angel-script, which in turn is based on C++, so if you learn BGT you've got it coming for C++, just gotta learn about maybe a third or two of the language after that. But I hear pure basic is good, it's a programming language, it makes many things, but people are using it for games. But pure basic is it's own thing, so if you wanna develop for mac you're kinda stuck on C++, or XCode, which is only for mac. But now XCode is dead, you gotta use swift. Swift will develop for both IOS and mac, but it's a full fledged programming language, so yeah. I personally say script first, then program. Scripting is bgt, python, and _javascript_. Programming is anything C, java, pure basic, XCode, swift, all of that.