Re: talking windows pe four 64 bit installation of windows now available.

@Dranelement

The setup will create a new partition if none exists.

If there is already an active partition Windows will be installed to that unless you repartition manually with diskpart.

It's long time ago since I had to perform a Win7 installation so be warned, but the setup from usb stuff has really gotten less complicated with Windows 7.

Important: Installation of Windows 7 and XP from WinPE is different, and XP is really a pain in the ass unless you know which command line options to provide the winnt32.exe and which parameters to write in the answer file.

I have successfully done both but Xp did not install from WinPE out of the box, because I had to  build my own custom iso and correct my own answer files several times.

XP installation from WinPE is also difficult because the program must knhow about the exact distribution source with wich it must continue setup after reboot.

If you really want and need XP it's simply easier and more accessible to install it in a virtual machine.
If you have the paid products VMWare Fusion or VMWare Workstation, no problem because you can automate the installation from the virtualization software.

Workstation and Fusion will generate answer files for unattended installation of Windows XP and 7.

If you haven't these products, just download VMWare Player and the empty virtual machine which I provided earlier in this thread.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dranelement via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gellman via Audiogames-reflector