Re: I'm thinking about getting a Windows Phone 8.1 device, your thoughts?

Hi.

So, I have the WIndows Phone and am finding it's not that bad. Sure, it needs a lot more work since a lot of the apps aren't very accessible, but I love using Cortana, e-mail, and internet explorer. While this may not seem like a lot of stuff to use, I think if Microsoft continues to enhance narrator this could become another option.
Anyway, I have two bluetooth questions.

Firstly, why can't I connect my logitech k760 to the phone? WHen I go to pair it, narrator reads out a pairing code to enter on the keyboard, but when I enter the code on the keyboard and press enter, nothing happens. THe dialogue that has the bluetooth pairing code has an OK button, but pressing that doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
Secondly, when I pair a bluetooth headset or speaker, the audio is in that crappy 8k telephone quality and the bluetooth connection seems to be very unstable. When I say unstable, I mean it seems to constantly disconnect and connect, mak ing it hard to use narrator. When it works, narrator and all other audio sounds 8k.
Any advice on this?

Also, it looks like I can't update my OS. I'm positive i'm not running the latest version of WP 8.1, because I don't have the option to turn off narrator hints or use touch typing. I think it's because I bought a locked AT&T phone. DOes this mean I made a huge mistake and won't be able to get more updates that hopefully contain accessibility improvements? If so, is there a way I can get newer software through some method like is possible with custom roms in Android?