Re: Want To Learn Programming

Woops Camlorn sorry about that lol. After you mentioned it I just assumed it was a paid version. I know stupid right?
Thanks for pointing that out after I saw your link I went to amazon to find the book and it was almost $30 and I checked bookshare and bard again and there was nothing.
Thank you for this I will start reading and working on this today. I'm very glad python has idle since I can test code in real-time. Btw, I have a newbie question what is the difference between idle and the python command line?
I probably should have known better than to get a programming book from bookshare but I was desperate at the time. You know if you have bookshare you should get the book learning python and you could see what I mean. One of the first code examples I saw in that book looked like this, print(`hello world`) but then I also saw the same example like this, print    `hello world` the second version I tried at the time worked fine the bookshare version did not. A long time ago I also found a python book meant for kids that would show you how to create games but I ran into the same problem parentheses instead of indentation but this might have been because I translated it from pdf into text.
If I ever get the hang of programming I'm going to write or record extremely easy and detailed tutorials so that other newbies won't run into the same problems I'm having.
@Cae, thank you for the advice and the code example. I've done the whole copy and paste thing before but when I do that I feel like I'm not doing any actual work. I will probably start copying things to see how they work and then trying to add to them.