Re: Announcing the release of Grail to the Thief

@Foralltoplay, glad you like the voice. I'm not really an actor my main training is as a mostly classical tenor (though I also like commic songs and characters), but I do enjoy voice acting, and am willing to try most things. I'm obviously English, and can have a stab at accents if needed, generally just let me know what you fancy and I'll have a stab at it.

I don't have anymore demos of my speech but  Here's a small archive of me singing which includes MAster of the House from Les Miserables, which is sort of a commic character song and rather more spoken than sung so should give you an idea of what I'd be like playing a scummy character, though bare in mind these were recorded in a professional studio and not with my Rowland voice recorder.

As to Turtlepower's comments on gameplay, while I did get the idea of emulating Cyoa, it's a mistake to assume that Cyoa automatically equals an easy game. Choiceofgames have specialized in producing a scripting language which lets people create very complex choice based text adventures, as well as marketing their own, ---- for an idea of the level of complexity go to the "make your own games page" and check out something like Zombie exodus, they're also available on Ios and other platforms as well (I play them on Ios myself).

It is true they are text, but I do love the way they've used a percentile stats system to create difficulty in Cyoa, without recourse to really obscure "open door with cat" type of puzzles like the ones that occur in usual interactive fiction.

I don't agree with Turtlepower about the fighting, unless your specificaly designing an rpg or have some sort of fun mechanic for fighting like the Insult sword fights from Secret of Monkey Island, but it would've been nice if your decisions had at least a little cost to them, sinse the fact that there was no jeopardy or chance to lose really took the tention out of several situations, indeed when I first played I tried to pick logical choices, then when I played a second time I tried to deliberately lose, wandering into Arthur's throne room and demanding the Grail which I fully expected to result in Hank losing his head, ---- while it was humerous he didn't I was in a sense a tad disappointed.

Glad to hear the next game will be a little less unloseable.