Re: Swamp, zombie FPS by Aprone

Aprone, you weren't soliciting advice, so take this with however much salt you want.  I hope I've earned a place where I might say this to you.
You are now in the position I predicted when you first decided, for absolutely sensible reasons, to bring in paid accounts.  You have converted players to customers, though of course you have made it possible to extend the term without paying a renewal fee if a player chooses not to play because they have become dissatisfied with the game, something very unusual in subscription services, and kudos to you.  You are now forced to weigh the complaints of paying customers against your vision of the game.  I do not envy you this predicament.
Were I in your position, I would, I think, examine the complaints, especially from those who do not exhibit an entitled attitude and see if on reflection they have merit, if you could find a mean between your solution and what they are asking for.  And then, havi ng done so, make your choice and go with it, reminding especially the whiners that you are not in fact obligated to please them, and should they choose to take their business elsewhere, sobeit.
As someone who has run a small business for twenty-three years, the temptation to attempt to please every customer is strong.  It is a chimera that will eat you alive if you give in.  Every business, every venture has an audience for which it is correct.  Since this game is not feeding your family, you have the luxury of being able to stick to your vision more closely than if Swamp were what kept the wolf at the door at bay.
As I said in my previous post, you've given us a hell of a good ride for three and a half years.  One reason for that is that you have judiciously accepted input and made changes that did not violate your overarching vision of the game.  While for me, that vision and I have parted company to some extent, you do not owe me a damned t hing, nor anyone else here on this forum, and I hope you stick true to your desire.  I'll certainly be renewing my subscription at such time as I use it up, either on Swamp or on any new endeavor.
Don't get too discouraged by people who want things easier than you do.  Have you noticed that the whining increases right around this time of year?  I think it's a cabin fever thing, at least here in the northern hemisphere.
Anyway, I just wanted to offer you my encouragement as a small token of my gratitude for years of your time and effort.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Stevie-3 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : fedai via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : carlosM via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : David via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : carlosM via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JenniferM via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mehgcap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : chris17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : chris17 via Audiogames-reflector